Why I Like YOOX and Vegan Brands to Look Out For

Tuesday 17 February 2015

YOOX is one of those websites nobody knows how to pronounce. I've heard 'yux' but I usually just say the letters really quickly, 'why-oh-oh-ex' but all of that is irrelevant today. I want to tell you about my experience with them and why I continue to buy from them again and again.



Firstly, they are a website that sells designer clothes for reasonable prices. Definitely not cheap prices, but reasonable for what they are. You'd have a hard time find a £500 Dolce and Gabbana dress down to £100 anywhere else online. There's always a sale, so there's always some great deals that they will keep you informed about if you want them to. The downside is that this website can get addictive in a bad way. For example, if you can't afford an item, you can keep track of it by adding it to your dreambox (a personalised section of the website where you can keep an eye on your favourite items) and the next week you receive an email that all the items in your dreambox will be 25% off. OMG, that means you have to buy them! No, no and no. This website is the reason I'm giving up online shopping for lent.

So why particularly do I like this website? Well, I like it because of the vegan options. Often, vegan designers will sell to YOOX when they can't sell to anywhere else. And also it's just a cheaper way to buy some bigger vegan designer items like Melissa and Stella McCartney.

What are my favourite vegan designers and who should you look out for when browsing YOOX?

Stella McCartney


Ivana Basilotta



Cri De Coeur


Mink Vegan Shoes


Vivienne Westwood + Melissa









Post a Comment