Apple and Cinnamon English Breakfast Tea

Friday 30 January 2015



I've never made my own flavoured tea before, but I this turned out so well! It's perfect for a winter's evening. According to my housemates, this tea smelt like christmas.

(Makes 2 cups)

Ingredients:

  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 1 apple, chopped into pieces
  • 1 tbsp of english breakfast tea leaves (I used english rose tea and it still tasted nice)
You'll also need a tea pot with a strainer.

  1. Pour water into a pan, enough to make 2 1/2 cups of tea.
  2. When the water is boiling, add in the cinnamon stick and the chopped apple.
  3. Simmer for 5 minutes.
  4. In a tea pot with a strainer, pour in the tea leaves.
  5. Pour the water from the pan into the tea pot. It doesn't matter if the apples and the cinnamon fall in. It adds to the character of the tea.
  6. Serve! I hope you enjoy!